Thursday, December 18, 2014

Crunchy Corn Flake Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters

'Tis the season of too many baked goods being brought to the office, Frank Sinatra crooning Christmas tunes everywhere you go, and holiday work parties...yipee! Today, we're holding an office potluck so I decided to wow my coworkers with some vegan sweet treats!

Baking is not my strong point so I tend to avoid it at all costs, but when I found out all of my coworkers were bringing savory dishes to our potluck, I realized it was the perfect opportunity to try my hand (again) at bringing a dessert that would be satisfying, sugary, and vegan. I tossed around ideas for cookies, cakes, and truffles but decided those all seemed a little too involved for my unskilled baker hands. Then, I remembered something my mom used to make me growing up. Crunchy delicious clusters of cornflakes, chocolate, and peanut butter. I decided a vegan version of these delicious treats was most definitely in order!

These Crunchy Corn Flake Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters are sooooo simple and yummy! They require three (!!!!!) ingredients, a big mixing bowl, a microwave, and a fridge. That's right, they are no-bake desserts that will definitely impress your friends and family!



Crunchy Corn Flake Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters
3 cups of vegan chocolate chips (I used Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips)
1 cup of creamy/smooth peanut butter
6 cups of Corn Flakes cereal

In a bowl, heat up the vegan chocolate chips in a microwave (45-60 seconds, depending on microwave strength). Remove bowl and add the peanut butter. Mix until smooth and combined. In a large mixing bowl, pour in the cornflakes and distribute melted chocolate peanut butter mixture into the cornflakes. Mix together until cornflakes are evenly coated. Using a small spoon, drop a spoonful of the mixture onto a baking sheet. Once you've spooned all of the mixture onto the baking sheet, put it in the fridge for at least thirty minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Then, they are ready to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment